Dear Church Family:As we start into the month of September, we wanted to update you on our in-person services and COVID-19. Throughout the pandemic, our leadership team has continued to monitor developments with the pandemic. In recent weeks there are two points worth noting:
- The State of Illinois has issued new restrictions.
- We have a significant spike in cases in the greater Rockford region.
- If you have any symptoms, or have been recently exposed, please do not attend in-person services.
- If your immune system is compromised or you are at a higher risk from COVID-19, it might be wise to not attend in-person and rather watch our church service online.
- Please wear a mask when entering or exiting the building. We are not going to police mask wearing, nor mandate it per se at this point. But it seems wise to be extra cautious.
- Be especially careful about all of the above if you are not vaccinated. As before, the decision to be vaccinated is yours.
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? 31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.